Friday, February 04, 2005

Dear Diary Friday...

Mood...wonderful.

Work yesterday was just non-stop. I did a 12 hour shift AT work and then went home and did another 3 hours and then was up all night thinking about it. I wish they paid over time for the lack of sleep the job causes!!!

And work yesterday was....interesting. I was offered a promotion and a raise by the vice president of our company. I turned it down. They wanted me to be over the new group we have obtained....the group that I hate with all of my heart and soul that is causing people to have nervous breakdowns, burst into tears at work, and two of my managers to consider giving their resignation. Nope, I don't think I would be a positive addition to that group. I WILL be training the person that I asked them to consider, which they did and she agreed to it. I WILL be the "official behind the scenes" person to make the vice president happy, but my name won't be all over the account. I won't be the person that the client can go and scream out, demand ridiculous things from, and just in general use as a punching bag. I went home very unsure that I had done the right thing, but after working another three hours on this account AND talking with Dylan about it, I feel much that my refusal of the position was in my best interest. It just comes down to the simple fact that life is too short to spend it unhappy and with ulcers. I like my job, but my JOB is not WHO I AM....and I don't want it to become that way.

Looking forward to this weekend, for the most part. Dylan and I are doing dinner and a movie tonight. Tomorrow is up in the air. I need to come into work either Saturday or Sunday and I am not sure what day I want to do that. Plus, I get to go to Tonsters house for her official "I am going to be a Hollow Human Being on February 10th" party and Grandpa is making my cheesecake!! YEAH!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home