Sunday, June 06, 2004

Dear Diary Sunday, part two...

WE GOT THE HOUSE! Yes, our offer has been accepted! Now we meet with the loan agent tomorrow, after that the papers will be dropped off to us and we can sign everything and then Dylan and I WILL HAVE A HOUSE! Chet and Shane have already done a "drive by" to inspect the potential new residence and I could not be more thrilled then to have my two boys taking a look at it. Did I mention that WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!

Oh, and dinner tonight was great. I made "drunken chicken" which my family went CRAZY over!

Recipe:
1 Can of beer (your choice)
Favorite fresh herbs
1 whole chicken

Clean chicken, cut tips of wings off. Pat dry and rub down with salt and pepper and garlic salt and any other seasonings your like. Pour out about 3 tablespoons of the beer, place your fresh herbs inside ( I used sage and rosemary) and then place can of beer inside cavity of chicken...It will look like the chicken is sitting on the can of beer with the beer up it's butt. Place chicken and beer EVENLY on barbecue rack so that it does not fall over and let cook for 1.5 hours. I suggest checking on chicken periodically just to make sure it is still standing up with the beer can and has not fallen. Remove the can of beer CAREFULLY and eat.

I also did corn on the cob, fresh green salad, roasted soy onions, and baked potatoes.....All done on the barbecue. The family just about could not get enough of the chicken. Next time I am going to use a can of cherry coke or coca cola.....I'll let you know.

Oh, and did I mention how excited I was that WE GOT THE HOUSE??????!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home