Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Dear Diary Tuesday...

This week has been FUN! Yesterday I came in to work, and thank you to Toni for the forewarning, to a building that had been without power AND heat since the snowstorm on Thursday! We had power, but still NO HEAT! It was unbearable, as we actually had a thermometer reading it at 36 degrees! The "Powers that Be" finally decided to send us home t 1:00.

Today was a fabulous AND entertaining day! Connie and Toni had me giggling quietly to myself all day with their witty commentary regarding life. And this finally week has not been as hellacious as I thought it was going be. And the best part? I only have one more day of work! YAY FOR ME!

In looking to the future year, I have decided to make some resolutions and to share them:
1) Going back to the gym and I can't wait!!! I was thinking about changing gyms and then I thought about it and decided WHY! I love my gym, it is close to home, there are fantastic people that go there AND I can be amused with most of the idiots!
2) WEIGHT LOSS! Or actually, looking out for my better health. I made an appointment with a new doctor today (again, thank you Tonster) and will be seeing her in late January. I liked my old doctor, but I have some things that I want to start checking into that will help with the better health. I am also going to be paying closer attention to what I eat and being a lot more active.....see #1
3) Attitude! I have always prided myself in the fact that I have a strong personality, but I need to work on the attitude.....Especially when it comes to me. I have a ridiculously low opinion of myself, some have even suggested I see counseling for it, but there is nothing that a doc can do for me that I can't do for myself.
4) Friends! I LOVE my friends, each and every one for their specific and unique traits.....Regardless of how they can annoy the holy hell right out of me. I am thankful for those friends that have come and gone (and especially thankful for some that are GONE) because they have taught me so much and, for the ones still in my life that will always be in my life and in my heart, they love me for who I am, what I will always be, and accept me.

I am working on a few more, but I think that is good for now.

Again, thanks Toni and Connie for keeping me amused, keeping me on track, pulling my head out, and kicking me in the ass today. It is always so wonderful to be reminded of how lucky I am to have you two as friends, and how long we have been friends, with everything we have had to go through. Sometimes wading through the "shit" together makes you come out stronger. Funny that "shit" comes in so many forms......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home