Friday, December 26, 2003

Dear Diary Friday...

I am SO thankful that I did not have to go to work this morning! What a crazy blizzard. I woke up to more snow than I have seen for three years AND the largest branch on our gigantic pine tree in the front yard was half cracked, lying across the sidewalk and my front yard. Unfortunatley, it is so large and so heavy that my brother and I could not budge it a smidge! So, it is going to stay there for awhile....

Christmas was wonderful. I honestly can not remember everything that I got, but one of the most beautiful gifts I received was a diamond and ruby ring in white gold from my parents. I think it is a tradition to get me a ring every year now. I got clothes, lots of gift certificates, more perfume, books, etc. My mom managed to collect a LIBRARY this year...21 books! Most of them she had picked out when she and I went shopping, but everyone knows she likes books so that is what they got her. My father got tons and tons of stuff for his new greenhouse. The siblings made off rather well also. I made a fabulous ham dinner and then went to Dylan's house for ANOTHER ham dinner and got his mom toasted on Amaretto...we both had a very good time with that. I also had the most enjoyable time getting to know Dylan's cousin's 3 year old son, Kurt, who LOVES ME! Out of everyone he said good-bye too, he gave me a hug AND a big, wet kiss on the mouth. Okay, I know I don't like kids, but there are some that are so damn cute you can't help falling in love with them and this is one of those! All in all, I was thankful for absolutely everything I received, but more importantly, was thankful for the beauty of my family and my in laws that I got to spend time with....the energy and love with them meant more than anything to me.

Today was fun, but also a disappointment. I spent all of today shoveling and snow plowing and unfortunately, did not get to spend time with Dylan at all and we had a full day planned. Our neighborhood is so bad that the plows have not even managed to make it through yet. I have used our snow blower on many of the neighbors driveway and sidewalks, as well as the street, so people can manage to get through. I just came inside from snowblowing the street in front of our driveway so that if we have an emergency, we can at least get out! Yes, I apparently live in the Bermuda Triangle for snow, because we either get socked in or don't get anything. If you are going out this weekend, please be careful.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home