Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Dear Diary Tuesday...

Let's just say that I have come to truly appreciate being PAIN FREE. Let me explain...

Yesterday morning I had ANOTHER light in my vehicle come on. This one telling me my engine coolant was low. I drove in to work and refused to allow it to ruin my day. I had a great day at work until about 2:00 pm, when I started to get a very bad sore throat and just feel "achy". I left work and headed to Saturn, where they topped off the engine coolant and my car is all better. By the time I was home, I was so completely in pain in all of my muscles and joints that I could barely walk. I was also freezing. I took a hot bath...did not help. I crawled into bed under two electric blankets and four quilts.....did not help. I took Nyquil.....did not help. By 1:00 am this morning I could not take life anymore and called in sick to work. By the time the folks got up, I was crying in the most pathetic fashion you can imagine. I was actually begging to be taken to the ER....that should tell you the pain I was in. My dad headed to the pharmacy and the pharmacist said that they are seeing a "rash of this flu"...no vomitting or diarhea for some people but the pain is very intense, along with freezing.....which is exactly what I was experiencing. I have managed to take 5 baths today and one shower. My body hurt so bad that the couch, a chair, nor my bed felt comfortable. After finally taking some Tylenol Flu and Excederin Migraine, the pain has subsided. I finally managed to get some toast down me and this afternoon, a tomato sandwich. Unfortunately, I guess all the pharmacist said I could take was Tylenol, Dayquil, and Nyquil. Thankfully, I am feeling much better now and am exhausted. I have been crawling onto the couch and catching 15 minute naps, going to my room and catching 15 minute naps, and I think I have napped partially during the writing of this. Top the crappy day off with worrying about Connie made for a miserable day. I was actually even considering cancelling all of my Halloween activities.....now THAT should tell you how sick I was.

Oh, by the way, only 3 more days until Halloween....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home