Saturday, June 28, 2003

Dear Diary Saturday....

To say today started out smooth, would be a lie. I was up early to go and get the inspection done on my car. My cat, Cali Ann, decided she needed to sit in my face this morning and tell me all about her exciting evening and mush her face all over mine. Well, never one to pass up a chance to have a conversation, and some love, from a cat, I mushed my face all over hers.....and ended up having a severe allergic reaction! Well, only one other cat in my life has ever caused me such a severe reaction, and you will all remember his name.....Tails. So, you know I must be just as much as in love with this cat as I was with Tails. I jumped in the shower, but to no avail. By an hour later my one eyeball was so swollen that it actually protuded from my socket and part of the bottom of it hung out of my socket, red and swollen. I almost ran down to emergency. I popped three Benadryl, took another shower, and sat with ice on my face for an hour until it became a little more normal. I got my car inspected, which took a grand total of 15 minutes, came home, and by then the three benadryl had taken effect so I ended up napping, against my will for three hours. Now I feel like I was out drinking all night AND my eye is still red, but not swollen......thank the Goddesss.

Last night Dylan and I went to his company party at Franklin Quest Field. I had the wonderful opportunity of meeting all of his co-workers, who for a bunch of brokers, are really fun and not boring at all. I absolutely had a blast of time, more than either one of us truly expected out of the evening. We left the game early and I called it an early evening, as I knew both of us would be having an early morning.

Tonight is shaping up nicely. We are meeting the Netzlers to see "Charlie's Angels II", which is supposably running for Turkey of the Year, so this should be fun! After the movie, who knows. As we are all so old, we will probably run back home for bed.

Tomorrow, I am planning a day of barbecuing. I am not exactly sure what I will be cooking, but I was thinking a whole chicken, as I have yet to try that.

Note to self: Positive, positive, POSITIVE thinking...not only about work, but about myself, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home