Saturday, June 21, 2003

Dear Diary Saturday...

Had a wonderful time hanging with the Netzlers and Dylan yesterday. We started the day off by seeing "The Hulk", which was a huge disappointment and wwwwaaaaaayyyyyyyy too long!! We then went to Johnny Carino's and had lunch. The food was very unimpressive, but you can't do better than being served by Vinny Barbarino!!!! We then parted company with the Netzlers and Dylan and I headed back to my house to get som Excederin Migraine, where we were pleasantly surprised to see my older brother Kevin hanging out. Unfortunately, he had come to express his bad news of having been laid off by the company he has worked for for over 30 years. Well, not exactly laid off. He can either move to Minnesota or be laid off....like there is a real option there!! We then left and went and looked at a few more houses until the weather got to be so bad we headed for the video store and back to his house. I had chosen two of the worst movies possible, so we called it an earlier evening than most...I was home by 11:00. All in all, it was great to spend time with great friends and time with Dylan....I could not ask for more.

Confession: I did EXACTLY the same thing that I hate in other people.....I made my importance in somebody elses' life to be much more than it was and I am a HUGE idiot for it. I had created a friendship in my mind with a very special person, and the friendship never existed in the first place. I had made much more out of a relationshp than ever existed, and in my heart, I had known it all along. Why I choose to put myself into such a place, a place that I knew I was going to end up hurt more than I thought, I will never know. But it was a good learning experience, a experience I would never regret. I still adore this person, could never conceive or hating or disliking this person, but am saddened by my own stupidity. The hurt I have encountered was by my own doing, not by anyone elses. I feel like a schmuck for putting this other individual into an awkward situation, a situation where they were uncomfortable around me and by me....and I apologize for that and hope I will be forgiven some day by them. I guess that is why it is a pet peeve....something I view in others that I hate in myself.

On a bright note, it is a day of rest for me today. The parents are off for the entire day to my father's high school reunion and I will be home alone. I plan on doing some laundry, minor housework, a little weeding, a whole bunch of napping. Could not ask for a better day OR better weather!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home