Thursday, August 02, 2007

Dear Diary Thursday...

I have spent a lot of time this week meditating, getting my thoughts a lot more centerred, and spending more time thinking about what I am capable of doing instead of spending time thinking negative thoughts....and it has actually helped me a lot at work! I know it is going to take me a long while to learn all of the new products I need to learn, along with learning the quirks of my new clients, but I am really starting to enjoy it....and that is where I need to be in the new position I have.

I decided that I can not afford to have another weekend ruined. Last weekend (other than the party), I was in a complete turmoil. I felt my anger level at a whole new high, I was nipping at anyone and anything that spoke to me, I was crying at the drop of a hat, and I did not sleep at all. I was a true mess and it was nobody's fault but my own. SOOOO, I did some thinking and I have been on a much better course....not only at work but outside of work as well. It has actually been a VERY enjoyable week and I am really looking forward to my weekend.

The weekend is going to involve me doing my birthday shopping, which Dylan and I have not been able to do yet. Not sure what I am getting, but I believe it will involve clothes and maybe some books, oh, and the new Korn CD.

The powers of my "job hunting" for my brother are STILL paying off. He has a wonderful full time job, but the benefits are not exactly what he thought they would be. Since starting at the new job, he has gone on interviews (multiple) with two other employers who are REALLY interested in him and who have AMAZING benefits, including (are you ready for this?) full retirement packages! AND there was a call from a placement agency to my folks house asking if he was employed, to which my Mom answered "yes" he is and they asked WHO created his resume' because they were wondering if they would be willing to work with other temporaries in creating such professional resume's. How nice was that?! All in all, things have really turned around for my brother finally.

The cousins are doing okay. My cousin Sharon, who has Chrone's disease, is home and doing better than expected. She is a complete medical miracle to all of the doctors she has been seen by, but we are not out of the woods yet....but we see light at the end of the tunnel. They sent her home with a drainage tube directly into her stomach which is draining her bowels....in other words, the whole in her stomach is actually being used as a butthole. She can not eat or drink and gets fed using a TPN unit, which they now have got under control so she will not be slipping into diabetic comas. We made her some pads to go underneath her to help her with the drainage AND she is up and walking about her own house. All of the holes have healed but two and the doctors are being VERY optimistic that they think they might close as well.

My other cousins, Bev and Gary (Gary has the cancer) are doing just okay. We should hear back this week on what the doctors think the options are, but as of Sunday, there were no real options other than living the remaining days to the fullest. If the prognosis stays the same, I have my fingers crossed that they will jump in their RV and come down for a visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home