Monday, January 09, 2006

Dear Diary Monday...

Dad came home on Saturday and it was like seeing a child open a present he has been waiting all year for... and it was awesome. He was so happy to be in his own home, his own bed, his own chair. After I got him home, I made sure that both of my parent's had breakfast and then I went outside and got their yard all cleaned up....and what that means is that I cleaned out all the dead plants and raked the grass...might as well start getting ready for Spring since there is absolutely no snow on the ground and I doubt we will have any this Winter.

I spent Sunday doing what was good for ME....relaxing. I did some laundry, let the dogs play outside most of the day and just watched TV. It was nice not being concerned about how everything else was, what I could do for somebody else....and just spent the day getting my energy back. I am going to be needing that energy because this week I am starting my good eating habits again and going to the gym.....and really looking forward to it.

This time around, not only will I be doing my Weight Watchers but I am also going to attempt to slowly cut out sugars....not totally but having it be a very small part of what I eat. That means I am going to attempt to cut out soda pop (even the diet kind that I only drink) and anything else with refind sugar in it. After reading my healthy magazines (Self, Fitness, etc), they all discuss how bad sugar really is for your metabolism, and I believe it. I pretty much lived on sugar the entire time my Dad was in the hospital and in rehab and when I would "crash" it was HORRIBLE. Time to clean up my lifestyle and be healthy and happy again. I am sure that in this go around I can be more stringent about what I take into my body. I just need to start doing what is good for me so that I can be more positive and helpful to others.

This week is going to be a bit busy for me. Tonight I go back to the gym and then take Mom to do some grocery shopping. After I get home, I plan on making dinner and finishing up some laundry. Tomorrow is my Dad's first doctor appointment, then the gym, then dinner. Wednesday is the gym and then Dylan and I need to do some grocery shopping. Thursday is the gym and then cleaning my house....which is a PIG STYE. Friday is two doctor's appointments and then dinner with friends. Saturday is cleaning, doing some yardwork, helping out the folks with whatever they need, and then a "date night" for Dylan and I. Sunday.....Sunday is going to be my relaxing day.....I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home