Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Dear Diary Tuesday...

You know I am REALLY sick when I finally give in and go to the doctor....and so that is what I did today.

I woke up STILL not feeling good so I called in and left this truly pathetic message on my bosses answering machine. If you have never heard me sick, it basically involves me crying/trying not to cry while I am talking to you. I then stayed on the couch until about 9:00 am this morning until I noticed I was having a REALLY hard time breathing and was getting a "dizzy" spell again. So, I woke up Dylan to let him know I was going to the doctor, went and picked up my Mom and headed over to the Urgent Care. After two and a half hours, I was FINALLY diagnosed....California flu with a secondary sinus infection. What is California flu you ask....as did I? Well, instead of the normal influenza which takes a few days to come on (which is probably what I have been fighting for a couple of months, along with the sinus infection), it hits very, very quickly ( like feeling good Saturday morning and feeling like a lump of shit by late Saturday morning) and instead of it taking 7-14 days to work its way out of your system, this one takes 4-6 days. Oh, and it is also not one you can get vaccinated for. The symptoms are everything I have....runny nose, coughing, congestion in my head, nausea, dizziness, achy body and achy head. So now I am on an antibiotic for the sinus infection, a codeine laced cough syrup and ibuprofen.....and as for the flu, well, I just get to suck it up and deal with it. And the very best part is that I am EXTREMELY contagious until I get rid of it. So, the Doctor wrote a note I am to give to my boss saying I am to be out of work until the 23rd.....which I will take to her when I go INTO WORK TOMORROW. Yep, I feel good enough to go into work and so I am going and everybody else can catch it! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Actually, I will see how I feel when I get up, but so far, I think I will be fine for work.....me, my codeine, and antibiotics, oh, and Kleenexs with Aloe Vera.

After the Doctor visit, I took my meds and sat around watching TV (being sick reminds me of WHY I don't like TV) and then proceeded to start wrapping Christmas gifts. That is when the TRUE nausea set it.....and I started heaving. Yep, being sick for the holidays is fun!!!!!

And big big big love out to Shane.....just because you are in my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home