Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Dear Diary Wednesday...

Let me just start by saying a huge THANK YOU to Shane for bringing over chicken soup to both my Mom and to Dylan. And all of my energy is with him as he is taking care of a sick Chet, a sick Grandma, and I am sure in the near future, a sick Mom and a sick Shane!!!

After a long day at work, I went to the hospital last night and hung out with my Dad. I was more than pissed when I got there and found out that they had given him Percocet and let the nurse know in not such a nice way....considering I was sitting with a man with a broken neck trying to help him vomit and not aspirate. So, after I cleaned him up and got him settled in, I proceeded to explain to the nurse that, "I don't have a fucking medical degree and I know that Lortab, Percocet and Percodan are in the same "family" so if he can't have Lortab what make you think, the one with the medical degree, that HE CAN HAVE ANY OF THE OTHER ONES?" And then I proceeded to find out that he had not been given anit-nausea since noon, and so I introduced her to me, "I am the really mean daughter, if you haven't figured it out. I am the care-giver to both of my parents. Now, you and I can get a long really well, or I can make your shift here tonight a living hell.....which do you want to do." So, she ran to get the doctor and we decided to change him to Tylenol, give him a huge shot of anti nausea....and he fell comfortably asleep and the nurse and I became good friends after that.

He also got to have real food last night and now we are talking about moving him to a rehab center for a week. With the severity of his break, and how brittle his bones are, surgery is not an option for him. He will be using his neck brace for however long it takes to heal this neck, be on Tylenol, and they will also be sending him home with heart medication as we discovered yesterday that he has a defribillation for some unknown reason that they are working on correcting....and which possibly caused him to pass out in the first place. So, needless to say, I am going to have a long month ahead of me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home