Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Dear Diary Tuesday....

Yep, once again, I am reminded with a major kick in the face, how and why I fucking hate Christmas and this year was no different.

Let's see...the week of Christmas I come down with a horrible disease and end up missing all but one day of work and having to use all of my time off. Regardless of the doctor's written orders to stay in bed, rest, and not do anything, I end up wrapping all of the Christmas presents for both sides of my family.

Friday before Christmas I end up taking my Mom to the doctor because now she has caught my disease and I end up spending the day making arrangments to have oxygen delivered to her house.

Christmas Eve I spend running for my Folks house to my house, trying to wrap every single gift we have bought, trying to take care of my parents and get their house ready for all the family the next day. I stop long enough to shower and make myself look half way presentable to go to the in-laws house for our yearly tradition of Christmas Eve dinner and unwrapping presents.

Christmas Day I am up at 3:00 am (oh, and I haven't bothered to mention how my sleeping schedule fits into this all, but I will later...) to run to my parents house to start their Christmas Breakfast that they are too sick to cook, clean the house, and then my family starts trickling in. Oh, and now my Daddy is getting the disease and can't breathe.

Day after Christmas I am called by my Mom to rush over to their house, which I do, to end up calling 911 as my Daddy has fallen. I spend the entire day at U of U as my Daddy ended up breaking his neck and I have no idea how long he will be in the hospital.

What have I learned in this week of Yuletide Happiness and Cheer? One, sleeping is not a necessity. Two, I do not "need" people because it is easier to depend on yourself to get things done than to depend on others. Nobody get's disappointed that way. Three, food is not a necessity. I haven't eaten since noon yesterday, probably won't have time to eat until who knows when, so we will see how this new "diet" works. So far, so good. Four, when you are always the dependable one, you are taken for granted on all levels. There is a breaking point, I have found mine. Five, my old friend "anger" has resurfaced and I am comfortable with that. I enjoy that emotion and feeling, it works to my advantage and gives me lots of energy, it will be around for awhile.

Yep, I fucking hate Christmas and I just needed the reminder.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home