Friday, December 10, 2004

Dear Diary Friday...

Mood.....happy but angry.

The saying of "You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family" is so very true. Each and every day I am so thankful for the friends I have in my life and for their individual quirks and personalities. Even those things that drive me insane about them, I still love. However, in the case of my family, I can't say the same.

I have had a knock down drag out with my sister...again. This time, like the last time, I am not allowing her to use me as her emotional punching bang. The problem with this scenario is that SHE is not understanding it. She use to have a very prominent and important part in my life. After the argument we had last year, she is no longer in such a standing....she is only a relative. If I do not allow my FRIENDS to treat me that way, I am not sure why a family member would view it as okay. Anyways, after a very emotional day yesterday, a worst night, I am feeling much better this morning. I am hurt, I am angry, but I am strong. I won't allow her to ruin my outlook on the rest of the world, but in my own way, she will feel my wrath this time. I have learned mostly to keep my mouth shut and NOT express a feeling or opinion around her. I will treat her like the rest of my siblings....no better and no worse than any other stranger on the street.

Good news of the day is it sounds like Connie is starting to feel a tiny bit better. Again, I am very proud of her for taking responsibility for her health AND her actions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home