Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Dear Diary Wednesday....

I have not had a real opportunity, or desire, to blog lately, so Diary, I apologize for neglecting you.

Last week was a pretty emotional week for me. One of my ex-coworkers and one of my co-workers, right after we had lunch together, were in a horrible car accident. When I was initially called with the news, I was told that the one was fine, but the other was non-responsive, had crushed legs, and possibly most of his ribs broken. By the end of the day, I had found out he had a broken neck and major hematoma of the brain. Dylan and I went to see him on Friday and he was doing spectacular. He is walking, has feeling, and remembers nothing of the accident. By Saturday, he was released home. I went from having major guilt over making him come have lunch with me, to just being horribly sad for both of their situations....one being the victim, the other having witness the whole tragic incident. Thank the Goddess, they are both doing beautifully by now.

Sunday we had a Newsome bbq over at my sister's. My mother was a huge drama queen and spent the entire time reading her book and being anti-social. By the time we left I was so upset and embaressed that I did not speak one word to her the whole drive home. The sad part of it was that Dylan got to witness and experience this and that made the whole situation that much more embaressing for me.

Yesterday was my mother's 65th birthday. Sadly, she continued her drama over to that. She is having issues SUDDENLY with becoming 65 and I believe most of the issue is that she is not getting enough attention. How is it that at 32 I can me more mature than both of my parents??? I wish I could say that I am trying to be mature, but I have given up and am pretty much not speaking to her as it is much easier to remove myself than to allow it to piss me off. It is probably better for her, as well, as I have no desire to curb my anger at this point in time.

Good news for the week is that I have Friday off. I really don't have any plans other than Dylan and I are going to be spending the day together, poor man. Hopefully my attitude will be in a much better place.

As for today, my attitude just pretty much sucks. I am disgusted with my parents, I am angry with my sister, I am concerned for my brothers, and I am disgusted AND angry with my co-workers right now. All I can think of is how many hours and minutes I have until the end of this day......

Good part of this week....I received a beautiful t-shirt and CD from Chet and Shane. Thank you my friends, you made a very horrible evening enjoyable with your company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home