Thursday, November 07, 2002

Dear Diary Thursday....

Positive thought: Connie, I am very, very proud of you and I hope you feel the same way about yourself.

The rest of the day: The workload was impossible today, and that is not an exaggeration. I did get in at a 5:45 am this morning and by 9:00 am I had not made even the smallest of dents in my workload and it was increasing at a volume that Mormon Parents would be proud of! I don't know what happened other than my boss thinks that I am capable of handling any and all projects given to me. Now here is the kicker...the other two people on this team have been working on JUST their desks, their e-mails, their SHIT...but I have not been able to touch my personal workload OR the Research Team workload (which I usually handle mostly myself) because I am trying to get OTHER PEOPLE CAUGHT UP! So catching up every one else has put me behind now by over a week. Thank the Gods and Goddesses that tomorrow is Friday. Oh, also a good thought...today was Thursday at work BUT I stayed in a good mood all day. That was a miracle since I have not slept since Sunday night and I spent last night in bed with a body covered in little itchy, self-induced hives. Thankfully, Benadryl is my friend and made them go away before work this morning.

WOW! Did anybody else almost get blown off the freeway today??? Toni and I have the joy of working in the mouth of Parley's Canyon so the weather is always horrendous....especially the wind, rain, and snow....which we will be blessed with tomorrow. Thankfully, Toni has Fridays off because she is a klutz driver in the snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home