Saturday, September 28, 2002

All better....

I wish upon the person that gave me and Dylan's mom the flu a lifetime of hives in their cooter/penis!

Anyways, it started on Thursday with a runny nose and a bug in the back of my throat, which I COMPLETELY blamed on Toni (sorry Toni) as she has been sick. Well, by that afternoon, The Tonster had to leave work early as she was DONE! I went to the Olive Garden for lunch and by the time I ate and made it back to work, I was doubled over in pain in my stomache! I got some good advice from JJ ("go to the fucking doctor, would ya?") yet, I managed to tough it out for the remainder of the work day. By the time I got home, I had convinced myself it was going to leave if I ate rice. Well, I had two spoonfuls and then I knew something was horribly wrong. So starting at about 5:30 the vomitting began and did not stop until around 2:30 am! That was Thursday. On Friday, I was sore, I had the shakes, my stomache was on fire and I kept getting cramps. I took anti nausea pills, my mom's stomache pills.....nothing worked. By yesterday evening, I managed to get down some soda crackers, two graham crackers, jello, and some mashed potatoes and then I took two tylenol. Thank god for Tylenol! The stomache cramping ended as did the fire feeling! I think my poor stomache muscle had been overworked by the vomitting. But I have learned some valuable lessons: 1) Do NOT make yourself vomit repeatedly even though you think it will make you feel better, 2) the dressing at the Olive Garden is the Elixir of Hell and I will never have it again, 3) JJ, Toni, and Dylan share one brain in regards to my stomache, and 4) My mom (and SEVERAL other folks) are right, there are times when you are running too fast that your body decides it is time to catch up, and this is one of those times. How do I know? If I stayed on the couch, did not move, I felt completely fine. How is that for your body making you rest.
Shaddup' Toni and JJ! (even though you are right and I love you both.....blah blah blah)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home