Saturday, September 21, 2002

Long, freaky trip.....

Long week, but an educational one.

As you have read off of Dylan's blog, his grandfather passed away Thursday night. After spending every night at the hospital with him, talking to him, holding his hand and rubbing his back, silently giggling to myself because he asked Dylan the same question every time, "So Dylan, where are you working now?" and knowing that Dylan was getting an education in patience, he peacefully and painfully left us for another existence. Dylan's father and I both noticed he was slipping quickly and made sure that the family was gathered around his side when he took his final breath. It was not hard watching him as he left, as he had mentally passed away hours earlier, but it was hard watching his family struggle between the grief of losing a family member to being happy that he was no longer in pain and in a much better place, with his sight and lots and lots of people to hear his endless stories. I did discover, to my delight, that Dylan's grandmother is one of the strongest women on the earth. I have not always liked, or respected her, but she earned both from me in boat loads now.

Today is "Fuck you! I am relaxing" kinda day. I got up, made my bed and straightened my room, brushed my teeth, ate breakfast, and have done not a damn thing that is productive. The most productive I have been is waiting patiently for a "certain person" to call me, which she did. Oh, and tonight is the annual Haunted Housing event and now I have confirmed the Poors will be there as well. If you get a chance, please tell them Happy Anniversary!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home