Saturday, May 25, 2002

Again, not exactly...

Funny how when you ask the help of the Gods and Goddess to find the time you need to finish projects, how quickly they respond!

Well, it looks like Dylan's great grandfather either had a stroke or has a pinched nerve. It took Dylan explaining all the reasons WHY he should stay in the hospital over night to convince him to stay, and so this morning he will be receiving an MRI. Needless to say, Dylan and I didn't get together at all last night and probably won't be getting together until late today. Now Dylan must wait patiently by the phone to find out what time they are releasing his great grandfather so that he can either 1) go and get him, or 2) contact Kennecott so his dad won't work over time and can go and get him. That is how the Gods and Goddess make it so that I will have time this four day weekend to complete my projects. I am just glad that his great grandpa is going to be okay and is very good hands.

So, it is 10:00 am and I have already cleaned my hamster's rancho villa and ripped the sheets off of my bed and remade the bed. That is probably one chore that I hate doing, and I have no reason as to why. I don't sleep under the sheets of my bed (as Dylan can tell you and it drives him nuts) but on top of the sheets under one of my blankets! So, I really never use the sheets and find them to be a big waste of time! Maybe that is why it drives me nuts. Oh, who the hell knows! And now the folks are going to be leaving for the cemetaries and I will be 1) mowing the yard and 2) trimming the hedges. Do you find it as sad as I do that my family has sooooo many close relatives that we visit this time of year in their graves? All of my grand parents, two brothers, my two uncles, my niece and nephew, and my great uncle and aunt all receive the most beautiful, homemade bouquets from us. You wouldn't think that at 31, I would have to deal with that much death. It is a good thing that it isn't bothersome or unnerving to me. Poor Dylan never had to really experience a death or funeral until a few years ago.....and that is the way it should be.

Oh, and for those of you I sent the pics of Shawn's baby to...he was born 05-22-02 and Shawn can't remember how long Ethan was but he was 29.5 weeks along and 1.5 lbs. Apparently his wife, Rachel, has been in the hospital for the last 5 weeks due to toximia and they decided to go and get Ethan because he had stopped growning. The little cutie was so small that Shawn put his wedding rin on his entire arm and the kid still had room to put in his other arm and a foot! The miracles of science that they are able to help a child that small come into the world. Oh, and he is breathing all by himself, so they will be able to take him home as soon as he is big enough. Now, that is cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home