Thursday, May 23, 2002

WooHoo!

I was very pissed earlier this week because I had asked for this Friday off and couldn't get it....but now I have it!!! Somebody who was schedule off has decided not to take it, so I was next in line! Joy for me! I will be doing a WHOLE bunch of yard work this weekend due to the fact that we are having several dumpsters placed around our neighborhood and I have two trees that are going to be removed due to a bug in them....I can't wait! I am such a geek for enjoying doing hard labor, but it is good for the soul.....well, at lease MY soul!

Anyways, I have been thinking lately about how some of the people I grew up with never "grew up" even though they moved on. When I was younger, I equated people moving out on their own, moving out of state, etc with being "mature" but I have discovered that some of the most emotionally immature individuals out there! I find that disturbing, as well as sad. I have one friend who moved out of state and has never moved beyond the high school mentality and the high school drama...yet, I continue to love him dearly. And one person who has made a complete change in attitude and maturity never strayed from home for very long. The thing that I find the most unfortunate is that those who have matured were "forced" due to horrible circumstances....death, their own mortality, severe financial hardship, etc. Why is it that it takes such horrible events for people to grow up, respect their lives more, enjoy the people around them more, realize the difference between caring and smothering, and to reach out? Just a little insight and now I can just go back to being a blithering idiot the rest of the day........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home