Saturday, April 27, 2002

Great day......

Here it is Saturday night, 6:14 pm and I am home, by choice, and enjoying it. How weird is that for me? I decided that this weekend I was going to have some time to hang with the folks, enjoy some time to myself, and relax...much needed relaxing. And it has been very amusing. Both Dylan and I got the third degree from our parents..."Why aren't you out? Is everything okay? Is he/she sick?" They are sooooooo use to us always being together that time away must be a huge annoyance to them. Ah, the fun!

Anyways, went out last night with my mom to get my nails done and got three more statues for my Windstone collection. If you have no idea what I am talking about and have not seen my collection then I will add a link later for you to check them out. Anyways, this store in the mall that is going out of business had everything off for 50%, so I got 3 out of 4 of their remaining pieces of art. I know have so many...and they are quite large, that I am going to have to find a curio cabinet to house them in. My three latest pieces are "Wizard Cat", the "Vampire Bat", and the "Wizard's cottage"....I just can't get enough of them. I think it is because the artists is 1) female, 2) loves cats, and 3) can take a piece of stone, one single piece of stone, and create a magnificent, beautiful object. Something so simple becomes mysteriously exquisite.....and I think that is what I would like to be thought of.....in my freakin' dreams!

Anyways, today I took my mom shopping again....this time I took her to get some books and ended up spending almost $500.00 on books for her and my dad. As strange as this sounds, I adore being able to spoil my folks and Dylan. My folks raised 10 children, 2 passing on, but the remaining kids are probably some of the most self-absorbed, unreliable human beings every to grace the face of this earth. Sooooo, I feel it is my honor to be able to give something back to my folks to thank them for all that they have done....for myself and for my worthless siblings. And as for Dylan.....it is just because he is so damn handsome!

Tomorrow.....gonna spend the day vegging, doing laundry, and doing some cleaning. Hopefully any company that comes over will leave quickly because I just want a quite day at home. I will probably put something in the slow cooker for dinner and that is it. Dylan gets to spend an exciting day with his folks and his Aunt in Wendover as it is his father's b-day tomorrow. Hopefully, Dylan will have a great time and not get too bored! Wish him luck!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home