Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Dear Diary Tuesday...

As a family, we received wonderful news last night. My cousin Gary had two of the three bags removed, has improved dramatically, and is meeting with doctors all of this week to discuss different options for the chemo and cancer....things are finally starting to look up for that part of my family, a part of my family that I love very, very much. I think this will finally give me a chance to take a breath.

My sleeping has sucked lately. I woke up almost every 40 minutes last night and then would toss and turn for about 20 minutes before falling asleep again, then waking up in 40 minutes. I did the same thing the night before as well. For whatever reason, this is a cycle that I have been running for Sunday night through Tuesday nights for every week for almost two months. And don't even ask me about sleeping pills.....I have tried and they apparently do not work.

The folks are doing so well! My mom and I have been hitting the gym pretty regularly and my Dad has taken to going for a walk by himself every night around the block. Plus, with working on quilts AND keeping up the yardwork, they are keeping themselves very busy. I have already started talking to my Dad about a project for this Fall/Winter in regards to building me a table for my office that will be turning into a display room....Dylan and I have decided to start collecting Department 56 Halloween Town items and are very excited. My Dad will make me a table for that room and then we are going to have my Mom make a black cover for it so we can put the stuff on it. Pretty fun!

Speaking of Halloween, Dylan and I have already started looking for Halloween decorations and stuff. Dylan has ordered me three new craft books from Amazon and I am really excited about getting those....hopefully by the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home