Monday, June 06, 2005

Dear Diary Monday...

Mom is doing much, much better. The complications to the surgery were due to her having had an asthma attack the morning of, her lungs filling up with mucous, and then on Friday her blood pressure went dangerously low. Not to go into really graphic details, because I am just too damn tired, but it was low enough that they had to call the doctors in. After a couple of different IV medications and several bags of whole blood, she was back up to normal by late Friday night. And I got kicked out of the hospital Friday night by a nurse who said that there were "several patients that looked much better than I did." Needless to say, I have been trying to catch sleep here and there, sometimes while driving, but I think I am holding up alright.

Yesterday was a really good day for her. She went for two different walks, they took all of the stents and IV's out of her neck. She is now only hooked up to a catheter, an IV line in her arm, an epidural drip in her back, and oxygen. We are hoping by today that the catheter will be removed and tomorrow, the epidural. If all goes well, she should be coming home to my care by Wednesday or Thursday, so keep your fingers and toes crossed for me.

The other real bad experience is that I have discovered that my relationship with my one sister is over with. We will talk, we will be cordial, but there is no love or like there anymore. I am certain that this feeling is very mutual at this time, which makes it much easier on the both of us. I won't go into details, but I am done with her and feel very content with that decision.

Oh, and my Daddy is holding up really, really well. He is getting extra spoiled by me and all the other people that have visited and so he is getting a lot of attention, which he loves. I have made him dinner almost every single night and after work today, I am going to go and get him, make BBQ'd hot dogs, and then we are heading up to the hospital. He does love BBQ, so you know where I get that from!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home