Monday, June 24, 2002

Ah FUCK!...kinda day....

The "bad cat day" scenario continued.....I got home from Dylan's Sunday night at about 9:45 pm and Tiny was hiding under the bed, still not feeling good. I went to bed and tossed and turned, getting up every hour to check on him, as he was now sleeping on the couch, and when I could manage to go to sleep, I dreamt ABOUT HIM! So at 4:30 am, with a major headache coming on, I called into work and left a message for my boss that I wasn't coming in as I thought my cat had been poisoned and I would be taking him to the doctor. I got him in at 9:00 am (which I am considered a PRIORITY customer because I have been there so long and have now been given a secret number not to be shared with others to contact them for cases like this) and they took his temperature. Now a normal cats' temp is about 99 degrees....Tiny's was 105! The vet checked his teeth (he is 13 and has had horrible teeth in the past) checked his heart and lungs, checked his nose, ears, and mouth....and all looked normal. So he did a whole series of blood work on him as he called this an "acute and serious case" but we could find no reason for the temp and he didn't want to move on without knowing his white blood count was normal....which it came back FINE!!!! So, he got a huge series of antibiotic shots while we were there and I now have him on antibiotics here at the house.....and all the vet could come up with is "Acute and serious infection with unknown origin that has moved internally and with the high temperature animals stop eating and drinking". We also both came to the conclusion that the infection is probably due to another cat bite, we just can't find out where! So, Tiny is now home and hates everybody and is again living under the bed and will scream at me when I come in the room....so he is getting back to normal! He should start eating and drinking tomorrow.

After the fun morning, and headache still increasing, my mom decided to take advantage of me being home to get her MAJOR shopping done....the KMart and grocery shopping, which managed to fill my ENTIRE SUV from top to bottom! Then I got home and marinated some steaks, did up some garlic vegetables, made a potatoe salad, and made dinner for the folks...still with headache. I then have watered the yard, straightened up my room, cleaned the kitty boxes all over the house, did the dishes, and have finally taken a bath....all STILL with the fucking headache!!! I think I am having sinus pressure from allergies so I am going to take medication tonight and hopefully that will work.

Oh, and I believe that the July 4th get together is going to happen. Dylan and I will go and get the address for the park and get the invites out this week. It will be good to see everybody!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home