Wednesday, June 19, 2002

Instant Karma.....

The "work attitude" was horrible for me today. I got up with a piss-poor attitude and it just seemed to get worse all day. I kept a smile on my face, but everyone knew that something was up. I was told in my "attitude meeting" last week that MY attitude has the largest impact on our team and other people and EVERYBODY is effected....meaning, when I am in a great mood, all others are in a great mood, when I am pissy, all others are pissy.....so the smile tactic was so that I could not be continuously blamed for others bad attitude. Well, we decided to get soup and sandwiches today. I got cheddar bacon soup. I wasn't really hungry so it kinda sat on the side of my desk for about two hours until I decided to throw it away. That is when the Gods and Goddess decided to strike their lesson upon me. I nailed the soup into the side of my computer and it proceeded to EXPLODE all down the front of my shirt, my pants, my chair, the floor, my desk....everywhere! I had to have Toni come with me into the bathroom to clean up, the receptionist had to find me a t-shirt to wear and I SCRUBBED every inch of my cubie space. When it happened, and everybody could hear it, they all sat in frightened silence, knowing that the language that would erupt from my lips would make demons cringe in fear. Alas, I took a deep breath and started to laugh because it was a hilarious sight to behold....me sitting with cheddar bacon soup in my lap. As soon as I started to laugh, the entire team burst out laughing. Fortunately I learned that even in a horrible attitude day, I can make a worse situation a tension breaker. So, the mood for me changed.

Oh, and my poor Dylan is working lots and lots of OT for the next 11 days. He is at work by 6:30 am and isn't getting home until 10:00 at night. But it is a good cause.....he will be getting those bills all paid off and we are taking serious talk about a house..........WOOHOOOO! His biggest dream is a home where he can pick his own animal to live there with him. And he has come to except the idea of us having a zoo.......

Thank the Gods and Goddess that the weekend is soon......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home