Saturday, December 22, 2001

Good day, long week, good weekend......

Wow, it is finally the weekend. I was thinking that the "weekend" would start for me yesterday, since I took off another Friday...but was I wrong. I was up at 5:30 and I didn't stop until I got home last night at 11:30...but well worth it. I only have two more gifts to buy and I am finished with Christmas. I think I achieved an all time personal record this year for most money spent...but I am okay with it. With finally finding the "Christmas spirit" so late in the game, I think that was my way of making up for it.

Oh, saw "Lord of the Rings" last night...and OH MY HELL! That was probably THE BEST movie I have ever watched. And the evening was only heightened by being with the best group of friends ever. I was even delighted that some people who I haven't seen in awhile decided to show, some "newbies" have joined also. It was just an all around wonderful evening. Other than Dylan hurting in his tummy, which was cured by ample doses of drugs and a good squishing by all the boys. Oh, by the way boys, I much prefer being squished against the wall than on the grass every year...it was just a little more comfortable.

So, today is a "play" day. Dylan and I are going to go out and just be together. We are going to go and see My Boys for a little while to give them their gifts and that is basically the only plan. We haven't had a chance to hang out just the two of us, unless it was to X-mas shop, in over a month, so I think we are both looking forward to this.

Oh, the irritating troll on Toni's side of the work fell in the parking lot and broke her shoulder in two places. Now, I normally would be jumping for joy, but this has tripled Toni's work load...which is not cool. Toni was already swamped, this just put the lid on the jar of mud that is now her work. Hopefully, after the beginning of the new year, things will mellow out for her....that and I plan on getting her really drunk tomorrow night. Oh, and we get her spaghetti tomorrow night..........yummy!!

Did I mention how awesome "The Lord of the Rings" is?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home