Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Dear Diary Wednesday...

Oh what a week so far! I called in sick on Monday because my head was pounding AND my back is still hurting. Oh, and I forgot to mention, Dylan also hurt his neck REALLY bad on Friday so I had spent most of the weekend taking care of him. Needless to say, staying home Monday was a good idea, even though I didn't rest as much as I should have. And this weekend is going to be another busy weekend. I have a hair cut scheduled on Friday, getting my car fixed (new motor in front seat and a new stereo) on Saturday and Dylan and I have a TON of shopping we need to do. I am also hoping to maybe do a LITTLE relaxing.

On another issue, Dylan and I have started a new "diet" which is the low carb/high protein diet. I am not totally ON BOARD because I know of the physical issues that can come with this and I am eating some carbs (trying to stay below 20 a day) but the good news is that we are only doing this until our trip. And THANK GOD because I am really, really tired of meat....REALLY TIRED of meat.

And may the God and Goddess bless the family of that little 7 year old girl that was abducted and murdered yesterday. What a sad story, especially when you realize that the child had been missing for almost 20 hours BEFORE they decided to use the Amber Alert system. All that is needed to say is that if the child had been Caucasian, I am sure the Amber Alert would have been used MUCH quicker. Remember Elizabeth Smart???? The same day that Elizabeth Smart was abducted, there was an African American child abducted....do you remember any Amber Alert on that child? Do you remember seeing flyers, news coverage, ANYTHING about that child....nope? Me either. Normally I am not on the "discrimination boat" but this one seems to be pretty obvious.

1 Comments:

At 7:36 AM , Blogger Toni said...

But brown girls aren't as pretty as the white ones.

It was absolutely ridiculous that it took that long for an amber alert. I can see waiting a couple of hours while all the obvious places (friends houses, grandparents houses, etc.)are checked, but once all of that is ruled out issue the alert, DUH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home