Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dear Diary Wednesday...

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!!!

Toni and Rob surprised me yesterday by meeting me for lunch at Cafe Rio AND Toni brought me the most absolutely adorable Shar-pei doggie that barks, a balloon, and the funniest card EVER!. I took her gift to her today....ran up to her work and dropped off some flowers, a frog that kisses you, and a card. Something to keep at her desk to remind her of me (the frog, not the flowers)! It was great getting to see her two days in a row. Noooooowwwww I get to go home and see why my hubby got me for Valentine's Day...hopefully it is just a card! We were gonna go to dinner, but he was not able to get to sleep until late today so I told him we would celebrate this weekend together and to go back to bed. Yep, I can be nice sometimes!

Okay, I just have had to laugh lately! The Goddess is giving me some lessons lately and I think I have learned them....especially since she gave me the same lesson now three times in two weeks! The lesson is patience. How did I learn more patience? By the fact that I have had three separate discussions with three different people about three different topics and each one has ended up the same. The other person was TOTALLY not willing to see anyone elses point of view but their own, wouldn't be willing to walk a mile in anyone's shoes, and would only listen to the sound of their own voice. Sometimes that just doesn't work. You need to listen to the other person, need to be willing to see their point of view (even if you don't like it) and realize that they too, might have a valid point. So instead of getting mean and ugly, I just realized I need to be patient! YAY FOR LESSONS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home