Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Dear Diary Wednesday...

It has been a hard couple of weeks for me. My sweetest dog in the world, Tinkerbell, has been having horrible "episodes" that I thought were either seizures or heart attacks. I did some research on the Internet and found he probably had congestive heart failure, which was not a surprise since he was diagnosed with a heart murmur several years ago. But in my bleak mind, I just knew I was probably going to have to "let him go" and I just was not ready for that, even though it is incredibly selfish of me to think that way. Sunday and Monday were the worst ones. After I left my Mom's on Monday, I went home and just fell apart and cried myself into sickness. Yesterday was the vet appointment...and Tinker is still with me and on medication! We can't cure the congestive heart failure (yes, I was right) but we can make his quality of life much, much better. And the "episodes" turned out to be that his heart is so enlarged it is pressing on his esophagus, causing him not to be able to get all the oxygen he needs. One pill is to remove the water on and around his lungs and heart and the other pill is to open up his arteries so his heart doesn't have to work so hard. The prognosis is 6 months to many, many years...it just depends upon Tinker. I think since I knew he was still eating REALLY well, drinking, going to the potty, and having such a great spirit, that his time was not up and I could not just justify putting him down. SOOOO, all is well in the world right now!

Dylan's birthday is gradually sneaking up on us and I am excited to be able to have a whole weekend to spend with him. He took Saturday night off so I get to be with him on Friday, all day Saturday and Saturday night, all day Sunday and Sunday night, and Monday! We are going to go shopping for his birthday, go out to breakfast and dinner on Sunday for Mother's Day AND his birthday, a concert on Sunday night, and the dentist on Monday...YYYYAAAAAYYYY! I know that the fact that we just get to spend a lot of great time together will be the best part of the whole weekend. Plus, he will officially be OLDER THAN ME!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home