Thursday, December 04, 2003

Dear Diary Thursday...

This week has been EVENTFUL! I took a half day off on Tuesday so that I could help decorate the outside of our house for Christmas, which is tradition.....I climb up on the roof while my dad yells orders at me. Anyways, my dad decided to handle the ladder this year, so I decided while he was hanging lights, I would go ahead and do some yard cleaning. Well, while I was down on one knee pruning some flowers, I tried to get up and it felt like somebody shot me in the back. I lost all control of my legs, they went completely numb, and I fell all the way to the ground, in probably the worst pain I have ever been in. I could not control my legs and started to get scared. I calmly yelled for my mom, who happened to not be far away, and she came rushing to me, scared out of her mind. I was, by that time, shaking and crying, which IMMEDIATLY brought my dad down off the roof. They helped me up and I made it in the house....which when you are in really bad pain and your legs keep giving out on you, makes climbing the stairs a real TREAT! Anyways, I bit my lip, worked through the pain, went to bed, got up yesterday to do my Christmas shopping.

So yesterday, I have the day off to go Christmas shopping. I bit my lip again, worked through the pain, and managed to get MOST of the shopping done. By the end of the day, I could no longer take it and make an appointment with the ONLY Chiropractor I could find available....it was that or a 6 hour wait in the ER. I go to the Chiro, which I have NEVER been to a Chiro doctor before, and he tells me I have not one but FOUR bulging disks.....all to the right. One is from the Tuesday incident, one is from years ago and I have no idea where it came from, and two in my neck which he said is due to "where I carry my stress and burden". So, I got adjusted.....which when I am nervous I tend to laugh hysterically and out of control, which my doctor LOVED. I will be going in again today, and if it has not made a significant difference, we will be looking at other options. He said, with sincere honesty, that he has NO idea how I have been walking because my sciatic on the right side is almost completely pinched off. Nice to know that at 33 I am already TOO DAMN OLD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home